Cardigan: Walmart (old), Top: F21, Jeans: Hollister, Shoes: F21
Yep! My very first Peplum top. I have to say these tops are genius. Not only are the cute and stylish, but they cover a not so flattering tummy. I have an intolerance to gluten and while I can still eat it, my tummy puffs out like I'm 7 months pregnant. So this top will be perfect when I can't resist that wheaty gluten =)
Yay for skin care! Not actually for me. It's a pain in the butt. You see, I have very sensitive skin so trying to find a product that doesn't make me break out is hard. Every skin type is different, but these products I've found to work best for my sensitive skin. I am obviously a Kiehl's lover haha
1. Kiiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser- I've used this cleanser for about 10 years. Jeepers, that's a long time. But it's that good. I think I switched to another brand once in 10 years and went back to this one. I just love it.
2. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner - I JUST started using a toner! I basically use this to wipe off any excess make-up. Other than that, I'm not too sure what it does!
3. Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque - I LOVE doing face masques and try to do one once a week. I'm surprised Kiehl's only has one type of masque considering they have a bajillion different face products. This masque is great though so I guess they don't need another. My face feels very soft and refreshed after using it.
4. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye - .I've been using this eye cream at night for about a year now. Honestly half the time I forget to us it. I do like it, but haven't noticed a significant difference, but that's probably because I don't use it consistently. I'm going to start though. I'm crazy paranoid about under eye bags and dark circles.
5. Kiehl's Eye Alert - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I can't say enough good things about it. I use this in the morning after washing my face. For somebody who doesn't get a lot of sleep and has to wake up at 5 in the morning this stuff is magic.It's pricey,, but lasts a long time and it's so worth it.
6. Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation - Again, since I have sensitive skin, it's hard for me to find a moisturizer that doesn't cause me to break out. I've used this for several years.It's very light and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing another layer of face.
Cardigan: F21 (on sale for $4.99!), Top: H&M (mens), Skirt: F21, Booties: Winners
You know, I never really thought to go into the mens section to look for things. On my way out of H&M the other day I had to pass through the mens section and I saw these basic tshirts for $6.95! They had similar ones in the woman's section for a tad more!
I thought to myself after scanning the tops of the racks, next time I'm here I'm going to look in the mens section first. I love anything over sized.
Have any of you tried shopping in the mens section?
Cardigan/Top/Leggings: F21, Sneakers: Top Shop
Chunky over sized cardigans are perfect for the freezing cold temperatures we're having in Vancouver right now. This one from Forever 21 is my favourite at the moment. I wore it allll weekend.
Today I'd like to share with you about my favourite hair care products that I am currently using. I've tried a lot of different products and I think I have finally found a set that works best for me. I have think, kind of wavy hair.
(sorry for the awkward bathroom photos haha)
Macadamia Natural Oil (Deep Repair Masque)
I decided to try this product when I heard good reviews about. I use this product 1 to 2 times a week without shampooing first. I comb it through and leave it in for about 5 to 7 minutes. I love it and it smells fantastic. I've noticed my hair isn't AS dry as before.
Because I curl my hair a lot I'm always trying new hairspray. However, I always revert back to this one. It holds the best and it's not sticky. I don't like the smell though. Kind of reminds me of a really old lady.
Ugh. All I have to say is getting bangs, a fringe or whatever you call it. was the biggest hair mistake I've done in a while. I cringed a little bit every time I posted my photos on my blog since getting bangs. Today, I parted my hair and bangs to the side hoping it would finally look ok. Thank the hair fairy's they did!
Girls, if you are ever contemplating getting bangs, really think about it for a while. They are a pain to grow out and more of a pain to try and style ever-single-day.
So I thought I might start a weekly blog post on some of my current fave products. I feel like I have a lot lately. I thought Friday would be a great day to do it.
So my first Fave Friday post goes to...
My Babyliss Pro 1 inch curling iron. I've been using a cheap Conair curling iron for probably the last 5 years and I can definitely notice a difference in my curls. My curls last longer and it doesn't take as long to do. I also like how it has a swivel cord on the handle. Me and cords are not friends. Same with hangers. I hate hangers.
Anyways, if you're in the market for a new curling iron I definitely recommend this one. It's amaz.
Happy weekend!. Just so you know, none of these products are sponsored. I just like to share=)
Blazer: H&M, Top: F21, Skirt: Dynamite (old), Shoes: Aldo (on sale!), Camera Bag: Theit
I think January is the month where I get bummed out about the weather. Here in Vancouver yesterday was one the worst rain storms I've seen in a while. It seems like it's never going to end. We still have at least 4 more months of this weather too!
Looking at my white light saber arms doesn't help either. I've stopped going to the tanning salon so they're pretty white. As well as the rest of my ghostly body. I need to find a good self tanner lotion. Maybe that will help me get on the sun-is-coming-eventually train.
For now, you might want to get on my I feel sorry for you train. Especially if you like somewhere warm and sunny.
If you follow me on Instagram you'll already know that I purchased sneaker wedges last week. I was so happy when I finally found a pair that I liked! I saw these at Top Shop about a month ago, but decided to wait on getting them. I wanted to see if I'd still like the trend. I do. So I got them. I have to tell you, they are so comfortable and very versatile.
What do you think of the sneaker wedge trend?
Sweater: F21, Chambray Top: Sirens, Skirt: American Apparel, Shoes: Ardene
First post of 2013!
I can't help but think of all the possibilities that can come this coming year. I don't think I've been this excited about starting a fresh New Year. I'm normally kind of sad this time of the year. I've always thought another year gone, oh well. But not this year. This year I feel different for some reason. I'm not sure what that reason is yet, but it's a good feeling! My only New Years resolution (and I NEVER make them) is to be more positive and cherish every single day. Live in the moment and not take anything for granted. Feels good to think this way.